Eleni S. Adamidi holds a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a diploma in Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). Her PhD research focused on the development and optimization of the Control System (CS) and Data Acquisition (DAQ) System for the Personnel Safety System used in the ATLAS cavern at CERN which provides real time monitoring of the health status of the personnel and enhances radioprotection.
Control System and Data Acquisition for the Remote Monitoring of the personnel in the ATLAS experimental infrastructure at CERN, NTUA, 2019.
She is currently a Researcher at the BIOmedical Simulations and IMaging Laboratory (BIOSIM) of NTUA and at the Institute of Accelerating Systems and Applications (IASA).
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Control Systems
- Remote Supervision Systems
- Biomedical Informatics
- Clinical Decision Support Systems
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- Marie Curie Fellowship at CERN (EDUSAFE). Topic: “Control System (CS) and Data Acquisition system (DAQ) architecture for the radiation background monitoring of the Personnel Safety System (PSS) in the ATLAS cavern”, 3 years.
- “Thomaideio Award”, NTUA for publication: “A Safety System for Human Radiation Protection and Guidance in Extreme Environmental Conditions”,IEEE Systems Journal, 2019.
- Honorable award, NTUA for publication: “Control System (CS) and Data Acquisition system (DAQ) architecture for the radiation background monitoring of a Personnel Safety System in the ATLAS cavern”, HNPS, 2016.
- “Thomaideio Award”, NTUA, for conference presentation in 2012 Euripides Forum, Graz, Austria.
Scientific Professional Societies
- Member of the ATLAS Experimental Physics Department (EP-UAT), CERN
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS)
- Member of the IEEE Young Professionals
- Member of the IEEE Women in Engineering
- Secretary of the IEEE Women in Engineering Greece Section AG (2020)